Eight360 is a Wellington-based tech startup creating the hardware and platforms that will power the future of VR experiences. Our flagship product “the NOVA” motion simulator is the result of 4 years of development work, and it is finally ready to roll (as they say) to the first customers.
Our growing team is hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer to assist with the design and manufacture of our awesome product. We are seeking an individual with real-world experience and relevant industry expertise, who is able to take initiative and bring a creative flair to the role as well as sound engineering sensibilities.
- Assisting the prototyping and development of mechanical hardware products.
- Design and sourcing of components and assemblies (including preparation of technical drawings and documentation to support these processes, and supplier liaison)
- Using CAD/CAM packages to create 3D models (e.g. Solidworks, Autodesk)
- Use of modern workshop equipment including digital fabrication machinery e.g. 3D printers, CNC routers and laser cutters
- Fabrication and assembly in a low-volume production setting.
Skills and Experience
- Technical product design, prototyping, manufacturing, testing, and refining new products
- Creativity, technically savvy, excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work both independently and within teams and under time constraints
- Working in environments where preventative maintenance and attention to H&S are critical.
- Experience communicating and dealing with overseas suppliers, factories and contract manufacturers (esp. China).
The successful candidate will take this opportunity as a part-time position initially, and you will be offered a remuneration package based on your level of experience and expertise.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small team and have an active part in creating something amazing.
Further information please contact or apply below today: